Motor Control Engineer
As a member of our company, you will work on key components of the powertrain of the drone. Come work at a growing company that offers great opportunities to move forward. We're seeking experienced and outstanding team members.
This position is both challenging and broad. You will take a key role in the company's development. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit. To be successful, you will have solid problem-solving skills.
- Development of models as well as motor control and monitoring algorithms
- Designing of electronic speed controllers (HW/SW)
- Optimisation of PCB layout for minimal stray inductance and capacitance, placement strategies for better manufacturability, power/signal plane definition and EMC optimisation.
- Troubleshooting and isolating hardware anomalies
- Ensure that all technical work is developed to meet safety and security standards
- Strong fundamentals of AC electric motors and drive systems analysis, modelling and control
- Experience with PCB design software, understand and create schematics and design board layouts
- In-depth understanding of torque control techniques such as field oriented control, direct torque control
- English B2
- Work permit for Italy
Nice to have
- Experience with GaN and SiC based power electronics
- Experience with ST family of microcontrollers and toolkits
- Knowledge about debugging of embedded systems (SWD, JTAG)
- Knowledge of basic control theory and experience with embedded real time programming (C and C++)
What's great in the job?
- Be part of the leading cargo drone startup in Europe
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- Expand your knowledge of various fields
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast-evolving company
What We Offer
Each team member has a chance to see the impact of her/his work. You will be encouraged to take initiative from day one and work on challenging and stimulating projects. Here you can make a real contribution to the success of the company by learning from and teaching your colleagues. FlyingBasket organizes team building activities throughout the year, including mountain hikes, sports activities, movie nights and much more.
Dynamic, international environment
Work in a team and autonomously
A full-time on-site position
Personal development through
Learning and communication
Hikes and walks in summer
Skiing/Sledging in winter
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee, snacks and
freshly cooked lunch daily